Membership Has Its Rewards
As a member of NAWT you receive a NAWT Member discount to the WWETT Expo and a member discount for the NAWT Inspection Course at the WWETT Expo held on Feb. 24, 2017. If you are not a member of NAWT, this benefit alone will pay for your membership and provide you with the knowledge that you require to be a better wastewater technician. Join Today!! Register for the WWETT Expo before January 5th to receive the NAWT Member discount fee.
Important NAWT Activities during the Week of the WWETT Conference February 22-25, 2017
NAWT & WWETT Expo 2017
Are you interested in attending NAWT's Inspection and Operation & Maintenance Training during to the WWETT Expo in February 2017? If so we have incorporated both of these educational sessions into the curriculum of the WWETT Expo in order to offer it to a wider audience.
The WWETT Expo is scheduled to take place from February 22-25, 2017 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN. www.wwettshow.com
As a NAWT Member you will receive a registration discount to the WWETT Expo & the NAWT one day Inspection Course held on February 24th.
Register for the WWETT Expo before January 5th to receive the NAWT Member discount fee.
Education is a key aspect of the WWETT Show. You can choose from an unparalleled collection of sessions that cover a wide variety of water and wastewater topics. There are over 110 sessions spanning three days, and all are included with a full education package.
Sessions are led by top industry experts and professionals from leading associations, businesses and manufacturers. And many sessions count toward fulfilling required continuing educational units (CEUs) and professional development hours (PDHs).
Here's what's new and different for 2017
The education team has been hard at work putting together a slate of classes that is bigger and better than ever. You'll find more sessions, and also a greater number of topic tracks to choose from. It is the most comprehensive education opportunity in the industry, only available at WWETT. Sound interesting?
Here are some other highlights:
Online class registration:
Register for education via our on-line registration system. By preregistering online, you'll gain the following benefits:
- Manage or change your selected sessions by logging back into your registration profile.
- Sessions will print out in agenda format on your badge with the day, time and room number.
- Download copies of the presentations for your scheduled sessions (starting two weeks prior to the event).
- Session rooms will be set so everyone is guaranteed a seat.
Additional details regarding these as well as other WWETT Expo educational sessions can be found on the WWETT Expo website (www.wwettshow.com)
Please stop by Booth # 134 at the WWETT Expo exhibit hall in Indianapolis at the Indianapolis Convention Center. We will have information about NAWT and how you can get involved. The NAWT Board and staff look forward to seeing you!
These examples are available for you to reuse to help get the word out. Please modify the text rather than simply copy and paste.
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from the Governor of Oregon. (DOC)
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from a Mayor. (DOC)
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from a Community. (DOC)
Click any of these graphics to download the full sized PDF version.
Here are some good tips to remember.
NAWT 2018 William Hapchuk Memorial Scholarship Fund Application
The 2018 Hapchuk Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university offering a bachelor degree in the following fields related to wastewater transport and treatment:
- a. Natural and Environmental Sciences
- b. Biological sciences
- c. Agricultural and Civil engineering
- d. Management/Business
- 2. Must have completed at least one year of study and have attained a cumulative grade point average above the average for the university in which you are enrolled.
- 3. Have an interest in a career related to the management of wastewater
Download the Application Form (PDF)
2018 NAWT Excellence in Service Award
The National Association of Wastewater Technicians Excellence in Service Award is your opportunity to recognize someone that you have noticed goes beyond the ordinary. It is something this industry does not do enough of; that is recognizing our peers for all their hard work and service! The award is presented annually at the state association breakfast during the Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport show (WWETT) just before presentation of the Ralph Macchio Lifetime Achievement Award. The 2018 Association Breakfast Meeting will be held at the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN on February 22, 2018 from 7:30 - 9:00 AM in room 108.
The NAWT Board established the Excellence in Service Award in 2010 as an update to the former Man of the Year award. Establishment of this award reflected the changing industry and provides the opportunity to recognize any individual or company the NAWT board feels has exhibited exceptional service to the wastewater profession. The nomination criteria and instructions are provided below. Nominations must be submitted by January 14, 2018.
Basis for Award
To recognize a NAWT member or NAWT-sponsored individual or company that has shown exceptional accomplishments in their service to the community and to the wastewater profession.
The Excellence in Service Award is based on one or more of the following criteria:
- A significant contribution to the wastewater profession and/or to NAWT
- Commendable service during a significant community or national event within the last several years
- Additional responsibilities that resulted in a benefit to the community or wastewater industry
- Actions performed above and beyond the call of duty
- Provided inspiration to others
- Exhibited exceptional leadership
Who can nominate?
- NAWT members in good standing with personal knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominee.
- Liaisons from NAWT-affiliated organizations who have personal knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominee.
- Nonmembers may make recommendation through any NAWT member or liaison
- Anyone who meets the nomination criteria
- Past non-winning nominees
- All nomination forms must be received by or postmarked by January 14, 2017. Any applications received after the deadline will be placed on file for the next calendar year.
- All post-deadline nominators will be notified of this fact and given further instructions.
- An Excellence in Service Award application form, which can be obtained by:
- Calling the NAWT office at 800/236-6298
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downloading from the NAWT website at www.nawt.org
- A nomination letter explaining why the nominee should be considered for the Excellence in Service Award based on the award criteria and signed by the nominating individual.
- An additional signed endorsement letter to vouch for the nominee’s achievements may be included, but is not required.
- Submit the application packet to the NAWT office marked ATTN: Excellence in Service Award Committee via:
- Email to email@example.com
- U.S. mail addressed to NAWT, 2800 W. Higgins Rd; Suite 440, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
NAWT Advertising Plan
The NAWT Newsletter, NAWT News, is a quarterly publication that is distributed to all NAWT members via mail and eBlast with a circulation of 2500. If you are interested in promoting your business, the following information will help you get started.
NAWT Advertising Plan (PDF)
Advertise in the NAWT News Letter or on the web site.
NAWT Sponsorship Program (PDF)
Become a NAWT Sponsor and get your business noticed by our membership.
These handouts are available for you to download and reprint. They are not copyrighted, you paid for them with your tax dollars.
Please feel free to modify them with your Company logo and contact information.
Home Owner's Guide to Septic Systems (Long Version) (PDF)
Home Owner's Guide to Septic Systems (Short Version) (PDF)