Inspectors must complete a comprehensive onsite sewage treatment systems course covering terminology, treatment, tanks, construction methods, and application, or demonstrate competence in the field prior to qualifying for the inspector training program. Participants then must complete the inspection course and pass a rigorous exam to receive your Certificate of Completion. There are only a selected number of professionals throughout the United States and Canada who have successfully completed both courses.
The Certificate of Completion is good for two years.
WasteWater Education 501
Septic System Design
Inspector Certificate of Completion Training Schedule
NAWT/UA Inspector Training
August 27-28, 2018
Casa Grande, AZ
Contact Aaron: 520-621-3691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NAWT/RETS Inspector Training
September 7-8, 2018
Contact Lauren: 817-678-6603 or email email@example.com
NAWT/CPOW Inspector Training
November 15-16, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Contact Lisa: 720-626-8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation and Maintenance Training Schedule
Soils Workshop Schedule
Installer Training Course Schedule
NAWT 2018 Renewal Training Courses
University of Arizona – Soil & Site Evaluation for Onsite Wastewater Systems
October 18-19, 2018
Location: Cottonwood, AZ
Contact Aaron: 520-621-3691 or email email@example.com (must attend both days)
Inspection Certificate of Completion Renewal
Vacuum Truck Technician Training Course Schedule
NAWT Online Vacuum Truck Training Information
Potential participants interested in Vacuum Truck Training should click this link to learn more and to register for the online Vacuum Truck Training course.
Info: The Vacuum Truck Technician training course is targeted to those that own or operate a vacuum truck which is used to clean septic tanks, aerobic treatment units, holding tanks or grease traps. It is directed specifically at owners and employees who may just be starting in business and need a good solid base of information to work with to perform their daily tasks. At the same time this one day training provides a good refresher and overview for even experienced operators.
Train the Trainer Workshops
These workshops are intended to train individuals to teach the “Certificate of Completion” program.
Individuals interested in becoming NAWT trainers are requested to prepare a letter of request to the NAWT Education Committee Technical Chairman, Dr. James Anderson, that provides the following information:
- The reasons for participation in this program, and your future role in training sessions.
- Must hold a current inspector Certificate of Completion - having completed the existing course work
- College degree or advanced equivalent courses.
- Public speaking experience (degree or certificate)
- Industry affiliation of at least five years
- Or, in lieu of the above requirements, an individual can demonstrate equivalent experience and their ability to train to the NAWT Education Committee.
Letters of request should be sent to Dr. James Anderson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Check with the NAWT office at 215-643-6798 for availability of training dates.
Bring NAWT Training to Your State
State groups desiring to host an education course should contact the NAWT office at 800-236-6298. Criteria for hosting an education course includes:
- Ability to obtain a minimum size group of 20-40 participants
- Locating a meeting room at reasonable cost, where persons can sit, schoolroom style. An example is a government training room, community center, or educational institution
- Lodging for participants under $100 per/night with restaurants nearby
- Less than a four-hour driving distance to the location
- Providing additional mailing lists for use in marketing
Please use this form if your local state association is interested in requesting NAWT sponsored training in your area.
Typical questions on our training courses
Why should I attend?
You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of septic inspections from experienced professionals.
What if I haven't been in a classroom for years?
Our training sessions are all done in a relaxed atmosphere and there are no trick questions.
What if I can't afford to take 2 days away from my business?
You can't afford NOT to. By furthering your education you are sending the message to your customers that you are committed to giving them the best service possible.