2017 Symposium Presentations
NAWT 8th Waste Treatment Symposium and 2017 Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference
The National Association of Wastewater Technicians (NAWT) invites you to showcase your services at our 8th Waste Treatment Symposium.
Wednesday August 23 and Thursday August 24, 2017
DoubleTree Convention Center at 101 Mall Boulevard ǀ Monroeville, PA 15146
McCutcheon Enterprises located at 250 Park Road ǀ Apollo, PA 15613
Download a flyer about the Symposium. PDF
Are you planning to attend this Symposium? Click to Register
Would you like to be an Exhibitor or Sponsor at this Symposium? Click to Register
Why You Should Demonstrate at the 2017 NAWT 8th Waste Treatment Symposium
- Expect 150+ Industry FOCUSED Individuals. The audience consists of individuals considering treating the wastes they put in their trucks and those who are already treating septage and grease trap waste and are looking for updating their technologies.
- A national audience as historically we have had individuals from all four corners of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Guam, and the Caribbean.
- An opportunity for you to demonstrate your equipment using real septage and grease trap waste.
- An opportunity for you to present your technology in a generic fashion during the classroom presentations.
- An opportunity for you to present a Case History of a facility you were involved with.
- Be included in NAWT Advertising – published and website
- Sponsorships Available
- Commit Soon – the sooner you commit, the more benefits you receive!
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Demonstration Set Up at Field Site
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Presentations at Convention Center 2 Concurrent Tracks
12 Noon – 1:00 pm Lunch included
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Networking 'Happy Hour'
Thursday, August 24, 2017
7:30 am – 8:00 am Buses to Field Trip Live Demonstrations – Plant Tours
8:00 am – 12 Noon McCutcheon Enterprises, Apollo, PA
12 Noon – 1:00 pm Lunch served onsite
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Presentations (whole group)
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Buses back to Convention Center
LocationsDoubleTree Convention Center
101 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc. 250 Park Road
Apollo, PA 15613
The conference hotel for NAWT's 8th Waste Treatment Symposium is the DoubleTree Convention Center located at 101 Mall Boulevard ǀ Monroeville, PA 15146. NAWT has reserved specially discounted rooms, the special rate is $119 per night plus tax. To make a reservation, call the hotels reservations department directly at (412) 373-7300 or Online Reservation www.doubletree3.hilton.com.
Use the Reservation Code: NWW
Reservations Cut Off Date: August 2, 2017
Sponsoring an activity at NAWT's 8th Waste Treatment Symposium will extend your reach and exposure at the conference. Sponsors will be recognized with signs at the conference and at the sponsored events, on NAWT's website, in the conference program and in prepared remarks by one of NAWT's leaders and/or a major conference speaker. Sponsors may also provide literature about their company during the event.
2015 Symposium Presentations
NAWT 7th Waste Treatment Symposium and 2015 Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference
The event will serve as NAWT’s 7th Waste Treatment Symposium and the 2015 Annual Conference for NOWRA, VOWRA and SORA. This is the first-ever collaboration between the three major national organizations which focus on onsite/decentralized wastewater systems, and the partnership with VOWRA adds the expertise of one of the largest and most innovative and effective statewide organizations. Those who attend will be the winners with a great breath of topics, vendors and educational tours! Please click here for additional details and to register for NAWT’s 7th Waste Treatment Symposium and the 2015 Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference to be held in Virginia Beach, Virginia November 3 – 6, 2015.
- Septage Processing & Introduction to Owning a Facility
- Health & Safety in Environmental Operations
- Introduction to Odor Control
- Analyzing Your Resources - What goes on Around you is Important
- Chemical Conditioning With Polymers
2013 Symposium Presentations
- 2013 Hiring an Engineer
- NAWT Training - Brett McQuade - Fournier
- Economics of Waste Treatment –David Penoff
- Treatment Building and Piping - Dave Flagg
- Waste Treatment: Journey, Not A Destination - Calvin McCutcheon
- In The Round Dewatering Presentation - James Penner
- Alternative Ways - Jim Smith
- NAWT Belt Press Presentation 2013 - Kelly Brown
- Boerger NAWT Presentation -Larry Montgomery
- Quasar Energy - Mike Maringer
- The Screw Press - FKC Screw Press
- Dewatering Containers - Therese Wheaton
- Equalization - Therese Wheaton
- Oder Control - Therese Wheaton
- Stoneybrook - Therese Wheaton
- Introduction to Odor Control - Tom Ferrero
- Analyzing Your Resources - Tom Frank
2010 Symposium Presentations
- Analyzing Your Resources - Tom Frank, Tim Frank Septic Tank Cleaning Co.
- Screening and Grit Removal - Doug McCord, Enquip Corp
- Equalization and Storage - Therese Wheaton, Crystal Environmental
- Polymers - Jim Millard, Aqua Ben Corp
- Pumps - Larry Montgomery, Boerger Pumps
- Screw Presses - Jim Capell, FKC Ltd.
- Rotary Presses - Peter Gagne, Fournier Industries
- Belt Filter Presses - Kelly Brown, BDP Industries
- Dewatering Container Filters - Therese Wheaton, Crystal Environmental
- 21st Century Vision of Solids Management - A. Robert Rubin, PhD
- Resource Recovery - Anaerobic Digestion - Kit Rosefield, Accredited Septic Monitoring
- BOD Reduction - Bob Advent, Advanced Industrial Aeration
- Odor Control by Biofilter - Martin Crawford, Bay Products
- Grease Composting - Jim Lanier, Stanley Environmental Solutions
- History of the Liquid Assets Disposal facility development - Dave Hapchuk, Liquid Assets Disposal
- Grease Acceptance and Codigestion - Wayne Schutz, Derry Township (PA) Municipal Authority