Mark your calendar for SepticSmart Week 2020: September 14–18
SepticSmart Week is an annual event focused on educating homeowners and communities on the proper care and maintenance of their septic systems.
- Visit our Outreach Toolkit for more SepticSmart materials targeted to homeowners. All materials are free for download and contain print recommendations.
- Do Your Part. Get Septic Smart! Infographic
How State and Local Governments Promote and Proclaim SepticSmart Week
- Kevin O'Donovan, MDB, Inc.
- Zach Lowenstein, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Wastewater Managment
- Jeremy Simmons, Washington Department of Health
- Gene McCabe, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Susan Mihalo, Town of Ogden Dunes, Indiana
- 1. Must be enrolled in an accredited university offering a bachelor degree in the following fields related to wastewater transport and treatment:
- a. Natural and Environmental Sciences
- b. Biological sciences
- c. Agricultural and Civil engineering
- d. Management/Business
- 2. Must have completed at least one year of study and have attained a cumulative grade point average above the average for the university in which you are enrolled.
- 3. Have an interest in a career related to the management of wastewater
- Calvin Van Baren & Patrick Brodhagen 2020 Thank You Note
- Jennie Callahan & Rebecca Burke 2019 Thank You Note
- Anqi Zhang & Alex Nolan 2018 Thank You Note
- Emily Cunis, 2017
- Jeb Von Crissman, 2016
- Henry Kneiszel, 2015
- Carolyn Phillips, 2014
- Elizabeth Rachlin, 2013
- A significant contribution to the wastewater profession and/or to NAWT
- Commendable service during a significant community or national event within the last several years
- Additional responsibilities that resulted in a benefit to the community or wastewater industry
- Actions performed above and beyond the call of duty
- Provided inspiration to others
- Exhibited exceptional leadership
- NAWT members in good standing with personal knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominee.
- Liaisons from NAWT-affiliated organizations who have personal knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominee.
- Nonmembers may make recommendation through any NAWT member or liaison
- Anyone who meets the nomination criteria
- Past non-winning nominees
- All nomination forms must be received by or postmarked by January 24, 20209. Any applications received after the deadline will be placed on file for the next calendar year.
- All post-deadline nominators will be notified of this fact and given further instructions.
- An Excellence in Service Award application form, which can be obtained by:
- Calling the NAWT office at 800/236-6298
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downloading from the NAWT website at www.nawt.org
- A nomination letter explaining why the nominee should be considered for the Excellence in Service Award based on the award criteria and signed by the nominating individual.
- An additional signed endorsement letter to vouch for the nominee’s achievements may be included, but is not required.
- Submit the application packet to the NAWT office marked ATTN: Excellence in Service Award Committee via:
- Email to email@example.com
- U.S. mail addressed to NAWT, 2800 W. Higgins Rd; Suite 440, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
These examples are available for you to reuse to help get the word out. Please modify the text rather than simply copy and paste.
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from a Governor. (DOC)
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from a Mayor. (DOC)
CLICK HERE to download a Proclamation from a Community. (DOC)
Click any of these graphics to download the full sized PDF version.
Here are some good tips to remember.
WWETT Show 2019 PresentationsWhat to do with Water and Solids - WWETT 2019
Lets Get Started - WWETT 2019
Dewatering Options - WWETT 2019
Analyzing Your Resources - Frank and Gustafson
All The Other Stuff -WWETT 2019
NAWT 2021 William Hapchuk Memorial Scholarship Fund Application
The 2021 Hapchuk Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Download the Application Form (PDF)
2020 NAWT Excellence in Service Award
The National Association of Wastewater Technicians Excellence in Service Award is your opportunity to recognize someone that you have noticed goes beyond the ordinary. It is something this industry does not do enough of; that is recognizing our peers for all their hard work and service! The award is presented annually at the state association breakfast during the Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport show (WWETT) just before presentation of the Ralph Macchio Lifetime Achievement Award. The 2020 Association Breakfast Meeting will be held at the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 7:30 - 9:00 AM in room 108.
The NAWT Board established the Excellence in Service Award in 2010 as an update to the former Man of the Year award. Establishment of this award reflected the changing industry and provides the opportunity to recognize any individual or company the NAWT board feels has exhibited exceptional service to the wastewater profession. The nomination criteria and instructions are provided below. Nominations must be submitted by January 24, 2020.
Basis for Award
To recognize a NAWT member or NAWT-sponsored individual or company that has shown exceptional accomplishments in their service to the community and to the wastewater profession.
The Excellence in Service Award is based on one or more of the following criteria:
Who can nominate?
NAWT Advertising Plan
The NAWT Newsletter, NAWT News, is a quarterly publication that is distributed to all NAWT members via mail and eBlast with a circulation of 2500. If you are interested in promoting your business, the following information will help you get started.
NAWT Advertising Plan (PDF)
Advertise in the NAWT News Letter or on the web site.
NAWT Sponsorship Program (PDF)
Become a NAWT Sponsor and get your business noticed by our membership.
These handouts are available for you to download and reprint. They are not copyrighted, you paid for them with your tax dollars.
Please feel free to modify them with your Company logo and contact information.
Home Owner's Guide to Septic Systems (Long Version) (PDF)
Home Owner's Guide to Septic Systems (Short Version) (PDF)